Monday, November 28, 2011

Firestar, redux

Fresh New Second Edition!

A box full of author's copies arrived today. 
The first book of the Firestar series is back in print.  There is no change from the first edition, which means it is now mostly alternate history.  Back then, 1999, 2000, 2001 etc. were all in the future!  One of the problems with near-future SF, I fear.  I suppose we could have bumped everything up a couple of years; but really, why pretend that this is an effort to predict the future, rather than the stories of a potpourri of characters?  The science and technology of SSTO is still there; but it's interesting to see what this future omitted or overlooked.

Anyhow, for people who missed it the first time around -- and judging by sales, many of you did -- now have a chance to make up for that lack.  Buy early and often!

It is my understanding that Tor intends to bring back the entire series: Firestar, Rogue Star, Lodestar, and Falling Stars.  I wonder if there will be a boxed set? Woo-hoo.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent!

    Now get cracking on the Sequels!

    We need more about the adventures of Captain Jacinta Rosario and her colleagues than vague allusions to Ancient History in the January Dancer et seq stories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was happy to hear of this, as I bought my copies of the series second-hand and enjoyed them more than enough to want to pay full price.

    ReplyDelete

Wonder and Anticipation, the Likes of Which We Have Never Seen

  Hello family, friends and fans of Michael F. Flynn.   It is with sorrow and regret that I inform you that my father passed away yesterday,...